The Western Balkans saga continues as the countries from the region are getting closer to EU. Europe offers its support in various ways including lectures, workshops, events, debates etc.
One of those events is the international event “Euroscepticism at the gates of Europe” that will take place on March 5th at 10.00AM CET in Trieste. The event will focus on Euroscepticism, immigration and the relationship among Balkans and Europe.
The concept of the event is organized as roundtable with experts where you can expect the interventions of:
• EUscepticOBSERVE project partners
• Antonella Valmorbida, Secretary General of ALDA, France
• Natasa Vuckovic, Center for Democracy Foundation (CDF), and member of ALDA Governing Board, Serbia
• Emir Coric, represented member of Municipality of Centar and member of ALDA Governing Board, North Macedonia
• Zoran Jovanovic, Counselor Special Advisor to the CEI Secretary General and coordinator of the CEI Local Dimension, Central European Initiative Executive, Trieste, Italy
• Roberta Altin, Associate Professor of cultural anthropology at the Department of Humanities, University of Trieste and coordinator of the Centre for Migration and International Cooperation on Sustainable Development, Trieste, Italy
The event will continue with a Citizens’ Workshop (14h-16h) to provide practical recommendations that will be collected in a manifesto.
As an open hybrid event, participants can participate via the ZOOM platform after the necessary to registration on the following link.
Simultaneous interpretation in Italian and English will be available during the event (others languages can be requested).
You can find more information on the Facebook event.
The event is organized within the “EUScepticOBS: analyzing Euroscepticism, informing citizens and encouraging debates” project funded by Europe for Citizens programme that aims to foster European citizenship, while improving the conditions for civic and democratic participation at the European Union level.